This class will cover the creation of a child theme from start to finish. Students will receive a copy of the theme after class to use to create their own child or however they wish. Then the classes coming up in June are just what you are looking for!
The class includes & covers the following:
- Advanced coding for Genesis – custom home pages and loops – how to create a home page with widgets that if not used – just shows your posts.
- Page templates
- Query pages for categories
- Complete child theme creation – all students will receive the child theme we use during class to reuse as they see fit.
- How to add Nick’s “Show Related Posts” instead of using Link Within
- How to customize the social media plug I created
- How to create a portfolio page with included Pinterest button – customizable button
- Responsive css that exists within the Genesis sample child
- Custom body classes
Many other code snippets:
- - ex: how to remove text from comments by showing only the number of comments by creating a short code
- Short codes for filtering post_info and post_meta
- How to customize your comments and author bio boxes
- Plus much more!
All videos will be uploaded to system and available within 24 hours after class.
The child theme used in class will be sent to all students to reuse the code or as a base for your own child theme.
Cost is $175 -These will be scheduled for Lynne’s normal Tuesday nights.
You can register here: Genesis Classes and use PROMO CODE: sa4wp
— BeckyWillis (@BeckyWillis) May 22, 2012