In my last post I talked about ‘my’ work from home and a few ideas I have done in the past. One I didn’t mention was I was a Tupperware consultant, then leader for a few years. My only problem was whatever I made, I spent…on Tupperware. I remember when we moved from the Army back home, I had 5, no kidding 5 large boxes of Tupperware. It is important when you sell something, you believe in it. I say this because if you don’t use it, it is very hard, in my opinion to sell it.
Tupperware is just 1 of many ‘work-at-home’ avenues you can choose from. I did Tupperware before they started having personal websites, which is an even more exciting thing to me!
So what other options are there for Work-from-Home? There is Avon, Mary Kay, Scentsy, Thirty-One, Ava Anderson Non Toxic, Advocare, and Paparazzi Jewelry, just to name a few. The wonderful thing about working from home is you can set your schedule around your children, your main job (if you work outside of the home), school activities, and your partners schedule.
Important Things to Remember When Starting Your At-Home Business:
- Treat it like a business: this just means that you want to invest X amount of hours a day, or week into this new business.
- When you are marketing a product; market yourself first. When I was selling candles a good friend online said-”Don’t sell candles, market YOU”. and I have never forgotten that.
- Do NOT max out your credit cards in order to build your business. You might have to start out small but in the long run you will be better off.
- Learn as much as you possibly can. My friend Ms. Google has helped me a lot in my business. Learn how to search the right question “how to” , “how to fix”, marketing helps, etc. Asking /Searching the right question will unveil a wealth of knowledge (especially in this day and age).
- If it is too good to be true; it probably is.
- Surround yourself with people of like minds (who are trying to achieve success). Search Facebook Groups in your area that you are learning about.
If you are wondering where to find some online business places that you can check into, I am including a list below of a few of the ones I have been introduced to:
AVA ANDERSON NON TOXIC:
COUNTRY GOURMET HOME:
MY THIRTY ONE:
https://Alishaann.scentsy.us/Scentsy -Coming Soon
There are many other avenues of business you can explore, remember, I just touched on a few. Unlike my last post these are more work-at-home business that already have a business plan, a structure, a criteria. These businesses you are still what I called “self-employed” but there are rules to follow, and usually quotas to be made. My other post mentioned business(es) I have ran myself, I was my own boss. The above businesses you are still ‘self-employed’ but you are selling their products for a commission. I have seen many people run a Tupperware business, for instance, where THAT is their only job. They pay their mortgages, cars and more alone on their income; they are in my opinion VERY successful. So this is another option (the businesses up above) to enable yourself to work-at-home.
I will welcome those that want to add their business in my comments section. I just need a link, name of company if it is not listed.
Stay Tuned for Work-at-Home Part III……